Wednesday 13 January 2016

Bicester Village Trip & Unboxing

A few days ago I posted a little tease on Instagram (jessslx) of what I purchased whilst in Bicester and I can't believe how many messages I got asking what I brought! I felt really bad not telling anyone, I just wanted to make a blog about it and include a few tips for when shopping at Bicester Village.

The wait is over! If you read my previous blog I mentioned that my partner and I went to Bicester for his birthday because I never know what to buy him and just prefer for him to pick something himself, even though I hateee shopping with him, seriously he is worse than a girl and can't make a single decision, we go round in circles for hours!

So I brought him a pair of Prada trainers (when he finally made a decision). I actually really like them! Some men's designer trainers can be too much like a shoe and have a flat sole which is uncomfortable when on your feet for a while, these are quite sporty, I think you could dress them up or down depending on what you wear them with. 




















If you've already shopped in Bicester Village you will know that the packaging and boxes sometimes isn't great but Prada is one of the exception shops, the shoes are all out the back so the boxes are pristine and nothing is mauled. The store was pretty empty so had the staff on hand to assist. These trainers were £480. 

I actually had no intention of buying anything from Bicester as most the time when I go there I end up with an impulse buy, something that I've brought for the sake of it and will never wear.  This time I brought something I've really wanted for a long time but had never seen them in a store and wanted to try it out before I brought, hence why I didn't order online.
I purchased this gorgeous Gucci scarf! Firstly, it's huge, I say scarf but I would definitely wear this as a sort of shawl/cape when it's not too cold or just over my shoulders when I go out for dinner. 
I love these scarves because they are reversible.  One side is black with the grey 'GG' logo and on the reverse it is grey with the black 'GG' logo.  So it is almost two looks in one, kind of like 2 for the price of 1 and they actually look completely different when reversed!
Again, Gucci isn't one of the stores where everything is on the floor in Bicester Village. The packaged the scarf up really good, giving me 2 bags and a solid envelope to put it in when I started using it.
This scarf was £130, the have the exact same one on the Gucci site for £170 so it's always good when you've saved a bit of money!

 My Tips For Shopping in Bicester;

- Arrive early and on a week day. It's not as busy and lets you have the full attention of the staff if you need any assistance.
- Do your research before.  I am always on sites making a wish list so am pretty hot on knowing what things cost around.  Some stores in Bicester don't put the genuine RRP to make you feel like you are saving more when actually it can only be around £10, sometimes things are exactly the same price which is fine when it's packaging is fine and you've had a good experience but that's not always the case. 
-  If anyone is after Timberland boots, you can pick these up there for around £50 if you are size 5 or smaller! 
- If they ask, say the item is a gift.  This stops them from shoving your pretty expensive item into a tiny bag.  It depends where you are buying from but some places will gift wrap free of charge.
- If you pick something up that is marked etc. grab someone and ask if there is another out the back, more than likely there probably is, don't settle for something that isn't 100%.

Overall, I think Bicester has changed a lot in the past few years, in previous years a lot of things were everywhere and all over the floor, but, it was really cheap. Now everything is a lot more civilised and tidy, however, the prices aren't as cheap as they used to be.  Bicester is best for when you have seen something that is a few seasons old but still love it and want a little bit of discount.  I think it can vary from every trip, sometimes I go and see loads, sometimes I can't spend my money at all!!

Thanks for reading guys, 'til next time.

love from jessica x




No comments:

Post a Comment