Sunday 10 January 2016

Date Night Outfit / Full Face Make Up / Loch Fyne Kenilworth

Friday was my partner's birthday so we spent the day doing a bit of shopping in Bicester then came home, got ready and went for dinner at Loch Fyne in Kenilworth - if you don't live within the Warwickshire region don't worry, there are a few Loch Fyne restaurants across the U.K. so I'm sure there's one close enough for you to try and not feel like reading this post is a complete waste of time!

So, as always I wear reasonably priced clothing and dress it up with expensive accessories, I love seeing how shocked people's faces are when they ask me how much my top was etc. and I tell them how cheap it is! The shoes and bag I teamed up with my outfit were my trusty first-love, Bianca Louboutins and my DKNY shoulder bag - the details and where you can buy these can be viewed in my 'Dinner In Birmingham' post. I never wear a lot of jewellery so on this night I just had my gold orb Vivienne Westwood necklace on.


 I just put a burgundy cowl neck bodysuit from PrettyLittleThing with a pair of simple black trousers from H&M. The links below will take you to the products!
This outfit comes to a total of £23! So inexpensive and is so versatile, you can mix up the bodysuit with a skirt and the trousers with a different top and you get another 2 outfits!



Loch Fyne is mainly a seafood restaurant however does have dishes from 'the land'.  I'm not into seafood really, it's more my partner but still the setting and presentation was just superb.  The service and standard of food was absolutely flawless, I can definitely recommend the sirloin steak and creme brulee, my favourite dishes.  Most main courses are between £15-£30 which I think is quite reasonably priced for a nice place with good quality food.



My favourite part of going out is getting ready! I fully had the intention of curling my hair but got too annoyed with it so it ended tied back in a low pony tail.
Face
Prep-Dramatically Different Gel by Clinique 
Primer- Benefit Poreless Primer
Foundation- Chanel Perfection Lumiere (Shade 50 Beige)
Highlight - Under Eye & Nose - Studio Fix Concealer in NW15
Contour - Cheekbones, Jaw line, Sides of Nose & Forehead - Studio Fix Concealer in NW40
Contour (Powder) - Cheekbones - MAC Gold Deposit 
Set Contour & Highlight - ProLongwear Powder in Medium Dark
Cheekbone Highlight - Urban Decay Naked Illuminated in Luminous & Tom Ford Illuminator in Intensity One
Eyes
All with Urban Decay Naked Smokey;
Base - Combust 
Crease - Password
Outer Corner and Lower Lash Line - Black Market
Inner Corner & Brow Bone - High
Liquid Eye Liner - MAC Liquid Last Liner in Point Black
Lower Lash Waterline - Estee Lauder Pure Colour Pencil in 01 Blackened Black
Mascara - Lancome Grandiose Mascara 
Eyebrows - Urban Decay Brow Box & Set with Wax
Lips
Liner - MAC Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in Nice n Spicy  
Lipstick - Urban Decay Matte Lipstick in Stark Naked

Any products or items you need help finding or would like a little bit more advice or opinions feel free to leave me a comment below!
Remember to follow my Instagram jessslx and like my post!

love from jessica x

3 comments:

  1. First time I have read your post really enjoyed it. I have been going to LochFyne for the last five years but still haven't got there, decided to make a conscious effort, I will be eating the seafood, love it. How are you at recommending makeup for the slightly older skin? I am after a primer and a finishing powder? Thanks in advance :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yvonne! Thank you for reading :) a good primer for the slightly maturer skin is "L'oreal Studio Secrets - Smoothing Resurfacing Primer" you can get this from most drugstores, it's definitely in Superdrug, it's about £14. It's really good at masking any fine lines and evening out skin tone, it will help stop any other products from sinking too deep into fine lines which can sometimes make them look really deep! The best finishing powders (in my experience!) for the maturer skin types is a loose powder rather than compact, it's easier to control how much product you want on your face because if I product is too matte it can, again, make wrinkles seem a lot deep then what they actually are - a good product is the Clinique "Blended Face Powder" it comes with a little brush and retails around £23 off the top of my head! I would avoid making the face too matte with any products and stick to a dewy look so minimal powder - just enough to set - and a light/medium foundation coverage. I know the products I've recommended come with a bit of a price tag but with them both a little does go a long way! Hope that helps ! xxxx

      Delete
  2. Thank you Jess that is a great help, I have some birthday money and wanted to spend it wisely :) I will let you know how I get on with it. xx

    ReplyDelete