Wednesday 1 June 2016

MAC & Drugstore Must Haves / Dupe Products

I have been so busy recently with starting up my make-up business and making it work around my full time job I haven't had a minute to post on here so I'm going to start back again by creating at least one post a week! If you haven't read my blog before please have a browse of my other posts - they are all of a beauty, fashion, lifestyle or luxury items nature.

So with starting up my business I've been trying to find the best products for each job, I know straight away people always think that the high end brands are the holy grail products however you will be surprised at some of the drugstore products that I have found and actually think they work better than the more expensive items in my kit!

I have found the most amazing highlighters ever, its build-able so whether its a light glow or light reflecting coverage you want then this is the product for you. It's so pigmented a little bit goes a long way, I've used this so much and still haven't hit the pan yet. These are amazing for that 'GLOW'! I suffer with really oily skin and have been a little scared to try drugstore products because I thought it might effect my skin but these haven't, the product is actually quite light on the skin and doesn't feel as though it is blocking my pores as soon as I apply (unlike Estee Lauder DoubleWear!). The highlighters are made by the drugstore brand 'MUA' and these are £3 each!!

My next must have product is on the more pricey side at £15 each, but a little goes such a long way, it is the DipBrow Pomade by Anastasia Beverly Hills. This is my holy grail for eyebrows and is so versatile you can have a natural brow or build it up to a really bold brow. The only downside is that  it can dry out pretty quick but I just add a bit of baby oil in and it fixes everything!
One of my lovely clients (Hi Priya if you're reading!) gifted me some amazing liquid lipsticks by NYX. I've used so many liquid lipsticks and I sometimes find they're so drying on your lips and flake as the day goes on but these are completely different, they're so creamy but long lasting, it feels as though it's moisturising your lips but giving you the matte coverage that I love as well. The full name for the product is 'NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream' and you can pick these up for just £5.50! I currently only have 2 shades but will be investing in more!

Another high end product I think is a must have is a mascara by MAC called 'Extended Play Lash' RRP £15. I love the applicator brush, it's thin and petite - perfect for getting good separation on the lashes and really enhances your natural lash, some of my clients are so shocked how long their natural lash looks when I use this on them! It's lightweight, not thick and clumpy and has a 16 hour lasting time. 
My final product is another drugstore! I try and give the best reviews on products suitable for budgets and this concealer is an amazing dupe for NARS 'Radiant Creamy Concealer'. It's the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer! Both provide great coverage, lightweight and blend well if using as an under eye highlight. I can't comment of creasing as I always set my concealers with a translucent powder but by doing this it does stop creasing on most products. I find NARS does cater for more skin tones however it does tend to be out stock in the shades I use the most in my kit (Custard and Vanilla) so its good to have a back up product like the Maybelline.  Although not as pigmented, the Maybelline is a good contender against the NARS and that's why it has made my Top 5 Must Haves and for the price difference, you could buy yourself a MAC lipstick with the change left (Maybelline Fit Me Concealer £5.99 vs NARS £22.50).


I hope this post helps if you've been looking for some new products to add to your makeup bag!

lovefromjessicax

No comments:

Post a Comment