Monday 4 January 2016

Urban Decay Naked 3 / MAC / Drugstore Purchases & Reviews

We are 10 days on from Christmas, everyone is back to work, the stores have gone back to their proper working hours and most importantly, our deliveries are back to normal!  I order most of my make up from Debenhams as they have the best loyalty card system - that I'm aware of anyway.  If you didn't know already, Debenhams do sell M.A.C. online, I'm not sure if they sell in stores throughout the U.K. however my local one doesn't.  They actually have a lot in stock online unlike sometimes on the actual MAC website and you gain points on your loyalty card to spend!

So, I added the 'Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette' into my basket first.  I've always been in two minds about this palette, I thought I was more of a smokey eye kinda gal, so I removed it - only for a few days later I visited my parents and my mom had brought it for me as a New Years present (any excuse!).  Well I'm completely converted to the lighter shades now.  I would say the palette is overall rose gold tones which is actually a nice change to the other palettes. The packaging is similar to Naked 2, however the tin has a sort of rippled effect which I love. I did read somewhere that Urban Decay have different palette packaging so that you can feel the difference in your handbag?! Like, is that a thing? Do people carry all their palettes around? And if you do, you go girl!  As for the eyeshadow shades, the majority are rose gold/pink tones but there is a few taupe's mixed in.  7 of the shadows are glitter/shimmer and the other 5 are a mix of either matte or satin shades.  I always think Urban Decay eyeshadows are amazing quality, they last all day and don't crease awfully.  My favourite shade at the minute is 'Dust' it is a light pink glitter which I love to put in the inner corners of my eyes to create a highlighted look, with a hint of colour - it's great for a day look and really quick in the morning before work! Overall, the Naked 3 palette is definitely one you need to add to your collection, I now have all 4 and mixing between palettes to create different looks is a dream, so many of the other shades work so well with each other.  This palette retails at around £38.  Follow the link to check it out: Debenhams - Naked 3 Palette

I am forever on the hunt for that 'perfect foundation'. I ordered the MAC Studio Fix Fluid, I previously wore the Pro Longwear by MAC - there's nothing wrong with it, I just find it still quite heavy for an everyday look. I have used the Studio Fix Fluid before however I think the shade I wore it in was far too dark for me, so I just went one shade down and it's made all the difference, as I haven't used a sunbed all winter I am now NC25 in the MAC foundations.  So, the foundation is great, it lasts all day just like the pro longwear, it goes on really easy and doesn't dry too fast so you do have time to blend.  I find this foundation works best with my contour & highlight as I use concealers which I found almost 'pulled' the pro longwear foundation off when I put my highlight shade on however they work fine with the Studio Fix Fluid.  The only downsides is I find the colour quite oxidising so it does change throughout the day, however I just top up my powder on the go and this solves the problem.  My other problem is the bottle - I hate screw tops! Some people may argue its the best way of getting all the product out the bottle in the end but I prefer a pump cap as you can control the amount of product you put on your brush and apply to your face.  The foundation retails at £22 which is quite cheap as far as decent foundations go. Here's the link: MAC Studio Fix Fluid - Debenhams


The final thing I purchased from Debenhams was a MAC lip liner in the colour 'Soar'.  I have had the shade 'Brave' in the lipstick for quite a while now however when I brought it I couldn't get hold of the liner to go with it.  The other day I was just watching a YouTube video from my favourite blogger/vlogger, Sophie Shohet (seriously guys, go check her out! She makes me want to spend all my money, all the time! I love her style and how honest her videos/reviews are. Here's her YT link: Sophie5271) She videoed herself applying the liner 'Soar' and you know when like a little light bulb goes off in your head, it just reminded me that I still hadn't brought it! Anyway, I've been addicted to 'Velvet Teddy' but I've switched it up for a while for 'Brave' and 'Soar'.  The MAC lip liners last for ages and 'Soar' is a perfect shade if you are like me and like to overdraw your lips.  The MAC lip liner was £12.50. Click Here To Check It Out!


I rarely buy from drugstores as my skin is so temperamental, if I put something it doesn't like on then I am battling with bad skin for a good few weeks! However, my skin hasn't been great at the minute and I think its just a lifestyle thing (mince pies and no exercise probably has something to do with it), so I just thought what have I got to lose sort of thing.  I was just wandering around and came across the 'Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water', usually I would run a mile from Garnier but I had ran out of my 'Clinique Take The Day Off' which retails at around £22, and like I said, my skin was rubbish, I had nothing to lose! Guys, it is £5, sometimes less when it's on offer! It is so good, removes all my makeup pretty easily and doesn't sting my eyes like most make-up removers.  My skin has cleared up now, I can't say that this is down to the cleansing water however, it didn't make it worse and I am still using it now with no issues.  Apparently you get around 200 uses per 400ml bottle which is like 2p per use, if you are like me I like to drench a cotton pad so doubt I'll get 200 uses but still, it is a fraction of the price of the Clinique remover. I've looked into micellar water before and some dermatologists say you can replace your whole routine with just micellar water - I won't be putting down my Clinique Sonic Brush just yet though. Overall, a great makeup remover that suits everyone's budget!


I hope you found my opinions useful! Feel free to leave me a comment below!
Follow me on snapchat: jesslannie_x or Instagram: jessslx for more skincare/blog posts updates!
Happy Monday. 

love from jessica x

3 comments:

  1. Hi hun, what foundation would you recommend being best for oily skin, the studio fix fluid or the pro longwear �� Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Natale! Firstly, thank you for reading :). Personally I think they both work well with oily skin, and I am cursed with very oily skin! I would definitely start with the Studio Fix Fluid and set it with a pressed powder, I find that lasts all day, plus it's the cheaper option! If you still have no luck then go with the Pro Longwear, it didn't dry my skin out, but when I looked in the mirror I felt it did give a very matte look, which almost made my skin appear dry. Hopefully this answers your question! xxx

      Delete
  2. It does �� Thanks so much xxx

    ReplyDelete