Thursday 27 August 2015

MAC Haul

I just love the feeling of getting new make-up!
I thought I would share with you a few bits that I got from MAC recently and give you my opinion on the products.
(Sorry this is probably going to be long!)


Firstly, everything I'm about to talk about is available on the MAC site click here! I will use every products full name so if you are considering purchasing anything, all you have to do is pop it into the search bar!

I would just like to say that the term some people love to use for MAC products is 'MACNE' which luckily has not applied to me personally yet, MAC has always worked well on my skin, just some products for me are extremely oxidising - which basically means when they react with the air throughout the day they become more and more orange. Or I find some products by MAC just don't control my oily skin. 
Personally I think MAC is a brilliant make up brand. I strongly believe that a company that just produces one range puts more effort into that product, for example MAC only create make-up and one of the best sellers in glasses is Ray-Ban, both companies specify in selling one product. Don't misinterpret what I mean, some designer brands of makeup are my holy grail, but some products and price tags on designer make-up make me feel as if I am paying for the branding, not how good the product is. 

I wanted to try a new foundation as I've used YSL for quite a while, I wasn't having problems I just fancied a changed. So I got the Pro Longwear Foundation in NC30. This shade has a yellow undertone, which I find helpful if you have an uneven skin tone with a bit of redness, the yellow toning helps neutralise this. It has a pump bottle which I personally prefer as it is easy to clean and control the product flow. This foundation promises 12 hours wear with zero shine and when putting it to the test I found it did keep those promises.  This product dries pretty fast, so work quick! I have quite oily skin and this helps control that throughout the day however I can imagine that it could dehydrate someones skin if they do have a dry skin type.  This foundation removes quite easily and you can build up the coverage depending on your preference. This product is no where near as thick and cakey as Estee Lauder Double Wear but still has the lasting time.
RRP - £25.50


This is the Pro Longwear Pressed Powder. The compact comes with a sponge applicator and mirror. I brought Medium-Dark, when I was first matched with this at a MAC counter I thought how on earth could I be that dark however I find that the powder is quite light. The purpose of this powder for me is just to set my foundation and contour. The coverage is sheer but you can build it up to around medium if preferred.  If I want to let my skin breath I usually wear this without any foundation just to take the shine off my face and give me more of a matte finish.
RRP £22.50


I really wanted a bronzer with a highlighting pigment so went for MAC Mineralize Gold Deposit.  This is quite a dark bronzer, I use it lightly in the day just enough to catch in the light and build it up quite heavy for an evening look. I am a huge fan of heavy contour and love to set my contour with this, it just catches the light perfect in natural lighting and camera photos. 
RRP - £24.00

I brought a few lipsticks, the notorious 'Velvet Teddy', which I've been dying to have forever!, 'Fabby' and 'O'.
Here's a few swatches so you get an idea of the colour against skin. Left is 'Fabby' and right is 'Velvet Teddy'.

Above is 'O'. I was actually meant to purchase 'Whirl' but accidentally scroll down one and ended up with this! Surprisingly I love it! Its a gorgeous brown with a bronze tone, perfect for the Autumn months approaching! 

'O' 

I love these shades, they are really hydrating and even though one is matte, it doesn't dry out my lips. They can be used in the day and evening!
RRP - £15.50 each


I also got a Pro Longwear lip liner in Nice 'N' Spice.  This colour lines well with Velvet Teddy and looks good alone if you fill in your lips and add a clear gloss.
RRP - £15.00

Finally, I wanted to try a new liquid eyeliner, I usually use one by Urban Decay. I purchased this as I thought the short handle would give a more precise application.  The colour I got was 'Point Black'. To be honest it's not my favourite however I have only used it a handful of times and find it takes awhile to get used to a new product, especially if you need it to create wings! The product sets fast so you have to work quickly, however it lasts forever, I've fallen asleep after a night out with it on and woke up with perfect winged eyeliner the next day!
RRP - £16.00

I really hope I've given you the incentive to treat yourself, after all payday is coming! 
Thank you for reading, please feel free to leave a comment below, anyone can comment even if you don't have an account!

P.S. I am soon coming up to my 5K views and would love to do a GIVEAWAY! Please comment below on a product you would like to see on the giveaway to give me some ideas!

love from jessica x

No comments:

Post a Comment