Thursday 13 August 2015

Clinique Sonic

If you follow my instagram account (@jessslx), you will know that I recently purchased the Clinique Sonic Brush and thought that I would do a more detailed review for the people that would be interested in buying it themselves.
The Clinique Sonic Brush retails for £79.00 which is a lot cheaper than the Clarisonic. I brought mine from the airport, they are £70 so a £9 saving, or there is the brush that comes with the entire 3-Step skincare range which I purchased for just £80! So if you are jetting off make sure you take advantage of this great deal! (I know, thank me later).
  The brush is sonic which means it vibrates the bristles to clean deep into your pores and helps regenerate new skin cells giving you a brighter complexion.  Clinique recommend you replace the brush head every 3 months and they cost £17 for a new one.  You can buy the normal brush head or an anti-blemish solutions one for a deeper clean.  The brush head is split in two sections, the white bristles you move in a circular motion across your cheeks and the green section you tilt forward and use in a up and down motion for you T-zone.  The brush itself is a great size especially for travelling and storage. To charge you simply pop the brush into a sort of docking station and it charges magnetically.  The only negative comment about the charging is its USB, which is fine if you have an iPhone charger or something similar to connect the USB, but otherwise I don't fancy attaching it to my laptop any time soon.  When fully charge it lasts 3 hours which is quite a while considering you only use it for a few minutes a day. Its boxed up similarly to the majority of the Clinique range and comes with the instructions to guide you through.  The recommended time of use is 30 seconds twice a day and eventually build it up to 1 minute. It is waterproof but I assume shower use, I wouldn't recommend submerging it into the bath...

OK,  so here is what I thought.
I have got really oily skin all over and suffer with blocked pores which can look almost bumpy in certain lights. I have the odd severe blemish come up but usually when I've ate crap for a while or let my routine slide.
I started using the brush for 30 seconds, twice a day as recommended but just felt like I needed more so upped it to a minute pretty much straight away.  At first my skin broke out and I wanted to throw it in the bin (or at the wall) but like all skincare we all know that you must persevere! After a week I started seeing really good results, my skin was visibly fresher and smooth to look at.  My skin was so soft and the majority of blocked pores were clear.  I love how well my makeup settles on my face since I've been using it and couldn't believe how much make-up was still left on when using the brush on an evening when I thought I'd got it all off!  I would suggest using the 3-Step Clinique Skincare Range, I'm type 3 for oily skin, but pop into the nearest Clinique counter, they will map your skin and help you decide what products best suit you.  

Since my skin has improved so much my fiance really wanted to try mine but if you're anything like me, there is no way I'm sharing! So I did a little researched and found they actually do a men's version! The sonic brush is a black/charcoal colour with a different head type designed for male skin as it is a lot thicker than women's. But why buy another brush when you can just buy the men's version brush head and just swap it on the same device! 

If you are at a loss with your skin and feel like nothing is working then I would definitely recommend the Clinique Sonic Brush.

love from jessica x


No comments:

Post a Comment