Monday 17 August 2015

August Make Up Haul / Naked Smoky Palette / Urban Decay Products

Hi everyone! I'm really trying not to suffocate you with too many blog posts but just felt like I needed to write about a few products I have purchased this month!

Firstly, the new Naked Smoky Palette. Well oh my gosh I have been waiting for this palette to release for what seems like foreverrr! I had it reserved for me at the Urban Decay counter in Debenhams so when I got the phone call to say it was there for me to collect I was so excited!

 
When I first heard Urban Decay were bringing out another palette I automatically assumed that it would be quite similar to the Naked 1,2,3 but so glad that it proved me wrong.
This palette consists of bluey/greys and purples for a dramatic evening smokey eye but still gives you the classic warms tones for a softer smokey day look. It is literally perfect for me because I love a heavy smokey eye which I don't find I can get from the Naked collection.  It also comes with an double ended brush, one side for blending and the other end is a smudger.  Along with the palette, there is a leaflet with a few step-by-step instructions for different smokey eye looks which is really handy when you are just trying to get used to which colours blend well with what.  I love the packaging, I much prefer the plastic casing rather than the suede used on Naked 1.


Here is the eye shadow swatches from left to right; HIGH, DIRTYSWEET, RADAR, ARMOR, SLANTED, DAGGER, BLACK MARKET, SMOLDER, PASSWORD, WHISKEY, COMBUST, THIRTEEN.


Here's a little picture of a dark/purpley smokey eye I created, finishing with Eylure 140 lashes, MAC 'Rebel' Lipstick and MAC liquid liner in 'Point Black'. 

So when I went to get the palette, the lady at the stand informed me of an offer that they have got on currently, if you spend £50+ you get a free goodie bag! Well with the other half paying I wasn't going to turn down free gifts! To be honest I'm terrible when it comes to them, I always spend the limit to get a free gift of some rubbish I will never use but this time it was actually pretty worth it.


The palette was £38 so had to pick something else to get the free gifts.  I was actually finding it really difficult to pick something else as I had just had a MAC spree so wasn't anything I honestly needed but then I spotted this gorgeous new lipstick.  It's one of their new range called 'Stark Naked' and its a matte lipstick. I'm really loving the matte lipstick look at the minute (I am hooked on MAC Matte Velvet Teddy!!) and I don't really think I suit coloured lipsticks as a day look (you know when you suddenly look really done up if you wear a colour on your lip? That's me!) so I always go for nudes without trying to buy the exact shades I already have! 


From the left; a swatch of 'Stark Naked' vs MAC 'Velvet Teddy'. 
As you can see is a gorgeous matte and lasts a good few hours before having to re-apply. It's a lot more beige than Velvet Teddy so was a good investment as it isn't too similar.

The free gifts I got in a cute little bag were the Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray, which I already have in the full version but this one is so cute and fits easily in your bag! I wouldn't say that this is the equivalent of MAC Fix +, its more a hairspray for your makeup and does help keep it in place all day.

The other product was a pocket-size bottle of their new high-colour lipgloss, 'Revolution'. I didn't get to pick the colour but there is lots available to buy in full size. The colour I received was 'Scandal' which is quite a bright pink for me, I don't think that I would necessarily wear this colour as I just feel it does nothing for my skin tone, but when I trialed the gloss for a day it did to last really well and I love how shiny it is so I would buy full size, just in a different colour. 

Hope that helps if you are considering buying the new Urban Decay palette! 

love from jessica x
  


No comments:

Post a Comment